Newly formulated with a more nourishing texture. Dare to go Mega Matte……all day long!! Turn down the shine and douse your lips in a double dose of pigment… and voila, a modern matte finish thats so on trend! Mega Matte Liquid Lipstick dries to a velvety-matte finish.
Ethylhexyl palmitate is a derivative of palm oil often used as an organic replacement to silicone. It has a ‘dry-slip’ feel that is very similar to silicone’s texture. It is found in many skin care products as an ingredient used to adjust the consistency.
- Derivative of palm oil often used as an organic replacement to silicone.
- Has a dry-slip feel that is very similar to silicone’s texture.
- Works as an emollient.
- Keeps the oil and water parts of an emulsion from separating which gives the product great spreadability.
- Not to be misinterpreted as an “alcohol” related to ethyl or rubbing alcohol, both which can be extremely drying to the skin.
- Well known to effectively condition and soften the skin.
Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol
Sometimes known as sheep alcohol. Is a non-drying organic compound produced from lanolin, the fat of wool shearings.
- Acts as a lubricant on the skin surface, which gives the skin a soft, smooth appearance.
- Helps to form emulsions which are fine dispersion of minute droplets of one liquid in another in which it is not soluble or miscible so therefore blends well with nearly all other substances used in cosmetics.
Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax
Candelilla wax is extracted from the candelilla plant and it means “little candle.” It is a natural, multifunctional, vegetable wax comprising a complex of natural wax esters. It is extracted by boiling the plant to separate the wax from it. It is a non-gelling thickener, viscosity enhancer, and film former with protecting properties. It is a cosmetic astringent, emulsifier, stabilizer, and skin-conditioning ingredient that is odorless.
- Used as a viable substitution for beeswax, which is great for vegan lifestyles.
- Rich in nutrients and easily absorbed creating an instant barrier to prevent moisture loss.
- The creamy consistency of candelilla wax makes for smooth applications.
Ozokerite is a naturally-occurring mineral wax or paraffin found and mined in 30 different countries throughout the world.
- Acts as a binder, emulsion stabilizer, and viscosity increasing agent.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil
Castor oil is a tasteless and odorless oil extracted from castor seeds obtained from the castor plant, which is scientifically known as Ricinus Communis.
- Penetrates deep into the skin, softens and hydrates it.
- Helps promote the production of elastin and collagen, which help delay the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and gives the skin a more youthful appearance.
- Has germicidal and disinfectant properties.
- Useful for treating skin diseases and skin ulcers.
Stearalkonium Hectorite is a creamy white, fine powder. In cosmetics and personal care products, Stearalkonium Hectorite is used in a wide variety of products including lipstick, eye makeup, and nail polish and other manicuring products.
- Functions as a suspending agent.
Propylene Carbonate is a clear, odorless solvent with a high boiling point. In cosmetics and personal care products, Propylene Carbonate is used in the formulation of makeup, primarily lipstick, eye shadow, and mascara, as well as in skin cleansing products.
- Propylene Carbonate is used to dissolve other substances and is frequently used with clay gellants (such as montmorillonite or bentonite).
- Propylene Carbonate, also known as cyclic propylene carbonate, is an organic chemical.
Derived from coconut oil and glycerin, it’s considered an excellent emollient and skin-replenishing ingredient. It’s included in cosmetics due to its mix of fatty acids that skin can use to replenish its surface and resist moisture loss.
- As an emollient, it both quickly penetrates the surface to condition the skin, and provides a lightweight and non-greasy barrier of lubrication.
- As a dispersing agent, it helps enhance the delivery of vitamins, pigments and other active ingredients contained in the solution so that they become evenly spread out and fully absorbed by the epidermis.
- It’s oily texture helps thicken cosmetic formulations and provides slipperiness, which in turn allows for the easy spreadability of solutions and a smooth after-touch.
Silica, also called silicone dioxide, and Hydrated Silica are minerals. The Silica used in cosmetics and personal care products is amorphous Silica. This means that the Silica has no definite form. Crystalline silica, which has a specific arrangement of the atoms, is not used in cosmetics and personal care products.
- Hydrated silica represents the very safest and most natural choice for providing mild abrasivity and gel-like consistency. It is an ideal ingredient because it adds no discernible taste or odor to the end product.
Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA Filler)
Most types of injectable fillers used in cosmetic medicine are temporary, meaning that they are absorbed by the body within a few months, or semipermanent, meaning that they are absorbed within several months. One permanent type of injectable filler for cosmetic use contains polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA).
Copernicia Cerifera (Carbauba) Wax
Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, also called Carnauba Wax, is obtained from the leaves of the Brazilian tropical palm tree, Copernicia cerifera, and Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax, also called Japan Wax, is obtained from the berries of the sumac Rhus succedanea, which grows in Japan and China.
Used in cosmetics and beauty products as a viscosity agent, binder and emollient, and is often considered an alternative to paraffin wax.
Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/dicaprate
Propylene glycol is a useful little molecule and has found applications as a skin conditioning agent, humectant (moisturizer), fragrance ingredient, solvent and is used to reduce the viscosity of a formulation
- Skin conditioning agent.
- Moisturizer agent.
Polyethylene Terephthalate unites or bonds surfaces together and increases the thickness of the lipid (oil) portion of cosmetics and personal care products. Polyethylene Terephthalate also dries to form a thin coating on the skin.
A humectant and skin conditioning agent that lends moisturization, emollience and wetting properties to many cosmetic solutions. It also function as a stabilizer.